Just because I live in the middle of nowhere doesn't mean I have to eat like it!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cheesecake!

Ok Long time no post. I apologize. I have had articles started but they just lacked something...
For Valentine's Day for the past two years, my father-in-law has given me a budget to cook for him, his wife, my wife, my sister-in-law and myself. This year we added another family making the number 7 people and 3 kids.

I could go on for a bit of what I did this year but I want to focus on dessert. I did a Chocolate Chip Cheesecake that was AMAZING! I used http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/chocolate-chip-cheesecake-i/Detail.aspx for my recipe. I did everything by the book except for I  used chocolate graham crackers instead of regular honey graham crackers and cocoa. I also ignored the bit about flouring the chocolate chips. I just do not see a point in doing it. Someone please step up with more than a 'I flour my chocolate chips and they never sink.' I need more information than that, like do your chocolate chips contain a lot of paraffin, what temperature was the cream cheese filling at when you added the chips, etc.
The recipe is every easy. The crust ingredients made a crust that was the right size for the filling instead of sometimes being too much or not enough. Once everything was poured and in the oven I snuck a taste of filling off the mixing paddle and I knew this was going to be good!
Waiting an hour to bake it then letting it sit in the cooling oven, then letting it cool on the stove then letting it chill in the refrigerator then eating through 4 other courses to get to the irresistable chocolately morsels was torture but completely worth it!

1 comment: